Thursday, July 16, 2009

Roboaurus Is Something Out of a Judas Priest Album

I got home late last night, threw some leftover pasta in the microwave and clicked on the tv. Immediately a commercial for the California Airshow in Salinas was on. I went to an airshow once when I was a little kid. Good times, but I'm not too interested in that stuff now. What did catch my eye was one of the attractions that they were advertising: Robosaurus. What the fuck is Robosaurus? I had to figure this out. From the few fleeting tv clips I saw, it was clearly a large, fire breathing mechanical dinosaur. Jumping on-line I quickly found Robosaurus' 1994 sytle website. Here's some promotional photos of Robosaurus:


AWESOME!





The cool thing about Robosaurus is that it's controlled by a pilot in much the same way the mech in the film Aliens was controlled. Seeing this beast immediately reminded me of this Judas Priest concert footage:



What I'm trying to say is this: Judas Priest should probably write their next album about Robosaurus.

No comments:

Post a Comment