Friday, July 10, 2009

Ozzy Osbourne Breaks Up With Zack Wylde +Ozzy's a Douche



Thanks to MetalInjection for posting:

From a recent interview with Classic Rock Mag:
“Well, I’m getting a new guitar player as we speak,” said Ozzy, “and everyone has been saying to me for a long time, ‘Get Johnny 5!’ And I tried him at one time and I didn’t really give him a chance. We’ll see, I don’t know. I haven’t fallen out with Zakk, but Zakk’s got his own band, and I felt like my stuff was beginning to sound like Black Label Society. I just felt like I wanted a change, y’know?

“I’ve got a guy from Greece coming in – not the musical, the country of Greece – but I’m not going to say too much about it, cos I don’t know myself at this point. I’ve got a new album, I’m working on it as we speak. I’ve got a studio at my house and I’ve got a guy called Kevin Churko, the guy that did the last album [Churko also worked on Ozzy’s Under Cover album, produced Cheap Trick’s highly rated 2006 album Rockford, and has credits on releases by Britney Spears, Celine Dion and Shania Twain] – he’s great to work with.

I'm really not a big Ozzy fan. I mean, I respect the classics: Bark at the Moon, Crazy Train, ect. but he's a shell of the man he once was. Hopefully this record will give Ozzy the will power to stand against Sharon and perhaps press charges for abuse of the elderly.

UPDATE:
Oh, so it looks like Ozzy and Sharon did the honorable thing and let Zack Wylde find out with the rest of us. Here are two of Zack's tweets:

I’m doing Blizzcon with him in August and supposed to finish up the cd in September….this is news to me about 4 hours ago from web

I haven’t heard anything about this. Until I talk to the Boss I don’t know. I love Ozzy.about 4 hours ago from web

This is really a douchey way to tell someone they're fired. What the hell Ozzy? You worked with Zack Wylde for twenty years, you couldn't find the time to tell him he's fired? Douche.

No comments:

Post a Comment